Seduced in the dark

Friday, June 28, 2013
                                                                      5 STARS




“I've been doing this a long time- manipulating people to get my way. That's why you think you love me. Because I've broken you down and built you back up to believe it. It wasn't an accident. Once you leave this behind..... you'll see that. -Caleb”

After all these is it possible for her to move on?



Is he a monster?



“Once upon a time, Caleb held me captive in the dark, now he used it to seduce me.”
Olivia


“She kisses my scars and I create new ones for her.”
Caleb


In this book Livvie has managed to escape from Caleb and she is safe at a hospital.She has to tell Reed what happened , in order to find the auction and stop these awful people . She also has to tell Dr Sloan ,so she can help her recover and the story starts.

Then
Caleb took her at Felipe's estate and there he showed Rafiq their slave's progress . Rafiq was not satisfied with Livvie but Caleb tried to reassure him that she would be improved .
From the moment that he saved her from the bikers Caleb was treating her more gently than he should and they came closer to each other.

I was relieved that Caleb didnt hurt her anymore but the book started becoming darker at Felipe's party.
Felipe's slave , Celia , entertained them a lot by torturing Kid.





Caleb's emotions were changing all the time.
During the day he liked to be called Master, he liked to treat her like a slave but only when the others were around.
During the night he was comforting and kind .

This whole situation led them to develop what they had.


Mine.
Mine.
Mine.




And then that bastard ,Felipe , ruined everything.


Caleb was being manipulated so he did things that frustrated me a lot.

“Dealing with Caleb was all about perspective. You couldn’t appreciate his kindness until you’d felt his cruelty.”

My emotions towards Caleb and other characters of the story.









However Livvie didnt give up on him.Her plan to seduce him worked but she fell for him as well.Caleb admited only that he cared for her because monsters cant love.

They would sell her but Felipe (thanks god!) talked to Caleb about his past and what really happened to him.



I couldnt believe what I was reading.



Present
Livvie is free now but she cant forget what happened to her but mostly Caleb.He is haunting her thoughts and that's driving her crazy.
She needs help because according to everyone that isnt healthy.
She is still in love with Caleb but that's not happening because she is suffering from Stockholm sydrom.
Caleb was the only one who cared about her in his unique and twisted way.Livvie grew up without love and yet she managed to be loved by him.

Livvie:I really admire her.Maybe she is crying all the time but try to put yourself in her shoes.What she'd been through wasnt easy.The way that he loved her wasnt fair.Despite all the difficulties she managed to stay on her feet and move on.

Caleb:He is not prince charming , he never was but he wished he could be for her.He wished he could be her hero.He saved her life once but he keeps putting her in danger again and he hates himself for doing it.According to him monsters cant love and Livvie gave him a present he didnt deserve.

“Tell me you love me, Caleb," I whispered.
He kissed me, refusing. "I wish I could, Kitten”



I never thought that I would like a book character like Caleb.He is awful and sometimes I wanted to kill him but he was fucked up. Still that doesnt justify his awful actions but reading the epilogue I understood many things about him.



The last chapter and the epilogue.
I never thought that I would cry so much with this book.I was a sobbing mess and hate it when it's happening.

All started when Caleb said:
"I love you Livvie."
He put the key in the ignitation and drove away.




“Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you'd never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forgive me. It's time for you to go, Kitten. Time for us both, to go.”

And then I think that I read the most beautiful epilogue all time.



Many people are judging this book and I totally understand them.
On the other hand I love this book because it delievers with its own way a few messages.
All of us should be gratefull that we have our freedom and no matter what happens we should stay strong and never break.

(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts