REVIEW: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Monday, January 11, 2016

BLURB
In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.



Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.

Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

BUY IT HERE -->AMAZON


REVIEW 
 4.5 Stars!!!

I feel like I've just survived a great battle, this book was brutal and so dark especially seeing as it's a YA Fantasy. I'd actually forgotten about this book, I remember trying to read it once before and I obviously wasn't in the mood so I put it aside. I should be kicking myself! The absolute awesomeness that is this book blew me away. With themes like
*Magic
*Forbidden love
*Jealousy
*Betrayal
There were so many different dimensions to this book, I'm not able to name them all. But the characters were so real and their emotions and reactions so unexpected and unassuming I couldn't pin anyone of them down and say "Well Prince Magnus is "this" kind of character" because te author was constantly showing you different facets of their character.

Now brace yourselves because this book is told from 4 different perspectives. There's:
*Prince Magnus (the crown prince of Limeros)
*Princess Cleiona (second daughter to the King of Auranos)
*Princess Lucia (sister and princess of Limeros)
*Jonas (a Paelsian peasant)

When I first started reading this book I was a bit overwhelmed because each chapter would switc POV's. But honestly I got really into it, and I never had to worry about who's head I was in. I think my favourite character would be Prince Magnus, just the angst that his character goes throug because of how he feel about his sister is gut wrenching. The jealousy, self-loathing for a character as strong and confident as he is, was just a pleasure to read about.

Princess Cleo, did a lot of growing up during this book. You basically read about her transition from a weak and helpless young girl to a strong and fearless girl at the cusp of womanhood (she's only 16).

Princess Lucia's came of timid at first but she proved herself to be very strong. I'm not really sure about her right now because she seemed like se could be a really bad judge of character so I'm still on the fence about her.

And lastly Jonas who was brave and headstrong. He also did a lot of self discovery, driven by the senseless killing of his older brother he was pretty much lead by his heart in all his action. But I have a lot of hope for his character.

This book was so fast paced, I mean it had everything although very light on the romance I really didn't miss that part. I heard the second book is loaded with epic romance so I can't wait to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts