Review: Redemption by Francette Phal

Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Ellie Holbrook has endured a lot in her short life, but after so many years of heart break, she’s set to get her happily ever after and Devlin Westport, her boyfriend of three years, is just the man to give it to her. Fate, however quickly intervenes when the man who shattered her heart so completely ten years ago comes back into her life. But the worst of it comes when Nicholas finally discovers the two little secrets Ellie kept from him all these years. All hell breaks loose soon after that and it’s all Ellie can do to safeguard her heart against heart break once again.

Ruthless business magnate Nicholas Grayson has sacrificed everything to amass his global empire. Seated at the very top, poised at the helm of his corporation nothing can possibly touch him. That is until he learns the truth about the twin children Ellie kept from him. But just when he shakes off the astonishment and works on integrating himself into their lives, an enemy from both Ellie and Nicholas’s past brutally rips his children away from them.
A race against time will yield devastating events and Nicholas and Ellie must rely on each other to save their children.






BUY LINK


REVIEW


4.5 Stars!


I never thought it would be possible, but the angst in the second book in The Bet series had even more angst and turmoil than its predecessor Beautiful Disaster! Ellie and Nicholas have been apart for ten years, ten years! Ellie, has finally been able to move on with her life, she's found a man who would do anything for her and who loves her children as if they were his own. She's perfectly content and feels as if marrying said man would be the obvious next step, until her engagement party... Where Nicholas Grayson, once again uproots her life making her question her feelings and ask herself just how happy she is.

Nicholas, has been living half a life. He's a successful business mogul, feared and respected by many, the one thing he doesn't have is the one woman he ever cared for, and he regrets pushing her away every single day. When he sees her again, and finds out the secrets she's been keeping from him, he's both angry and elated. But Ellie, doesn't need or want him anymore, or so she says. But Nicholas Grayson, has never been the type to take no for an answer. But once again there are people hell bent on keeping them apart, and it works... until a horrible incident shows Ellie, how much she does still loves, Nicholas.

"No matter how many life times we live, know that I'll always find you and our love will always endure."

I really enjoyed, Redemption. I actually enjoy reading the multiple POV's, I thought it brought more dimension to the story and didn't find it distracting in the least. The book read like a love triangle which I abhor, but for some reason I was okay with it in this book. My biggest problem with triangles is that someone always gets hurt and don't get me wrong that's exactly what happened here, but it was very enjoyable reading! I love the fact that this book focuses on family drama, I loved that.I'm a from a family that thinks my business is their business too, so I kind of get where Ellie was coming from. Ellie and Nicholas' relationship was so intense, they both fought their connection really hard but at the end of the day it was futile. A wonderful series and I absolutely love this authors writing so she's a definite automatic one click from now on!

"You are the glue that holds me together, Ellie. If something were to happen to you, I would cease to exist. You are my salvation... my peace."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts