New Review and Interview Temporary by Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry

Tuesday, September 12, 2017




The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the same one who can ruin everything.




The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants. 



And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to take control of his uncle’s estate.



I can’t afford either one. I’m the only thing standing between my little sister and the foster care system. He may have money and charm on his side, but I have something even more powerful -- pure desperation. This temp job at his mother’s company can become a full time job for me. It has to. 



But when Callan’s eyes rake over my body, sometimes I forget my obligations. His piercing gaze finds the fun, optimistic girl I used to be and not the tired person I’ve become.



And it works--if only for a moment. Our night together was a mistake. I can't afford to get sucked into his high-powered family’s treachery. But the closer I get to Callan, the more layers I find beneath those expensive clothes. Though I can’t forget this is temporary. He’s temporary. I have too much to lose. 



Too bad my foolish heart didn’t get the memo...


This is my first book from these authors together and I really enjoyed it.I hope we can see more from these two, the story was beautiful and the writing flawless.

Temporary was amazing, it has everything I wanted in a story and even more.It has angst,intensity,tension and a great romance.I loved Callan and Grace, and I enjoyed their dual points of view.I felt more intimidate with both of them.Their romance was great and their dialogues were smart and flirty.

Overall, it was refreshing and I would be happy to read soon more of Sarina and Sarah.

Interview with Sarina and Sarah 


Do you listen to music when you write? And if yes, do you prefer a particular type?

Sarah: I tune everything out when I am writing, so music is wasted on me. Also, if a song has catchy lyrics or a narrative, I find myself getting caught up in it. So it’s the Cone of Silence for me, sadly.
Sarina: Me too! I envy people who can write to music, or in a coffee shop. I would always be eavesdropping on conversations and forgetting to work.


Tell us a little bit about your new projects.

Sarah: I’m knee-deep in book 3 in my Brothers Ink series. I am hoping to have that out in the next few months. And I’m working on two TV scripts at the moment, both of which are due in the next couple of weeks.
Sarina: True North #4--Bountiful--is almost done!

What do you find to be the most challenging thing about writing?

Sarah: The self-discipline. The internet has so many shiny things and rabbit holes to get lost in. Also, it can be a lonely job, staring at a blank page all day.

Sarina: I get very distracted by the business parts of the job. I love those challenges, but they are really time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts