Arc Review + Excerpt The Heart Of It by Molly O' Keefe

Friday, February 05, 2016


Blurb

On the outside rich and successful Gabe Paterson has everything.
No one would guess the ghosts from his past are tearing him apart.
Desperate, he reaches out to Elena – a resilient call girl, with her own childhood scars – for help.

In their moments of honesty, the two forge the most surprising relationship of their lives.
But will they be brave enough to make it into something more?




5 STARS


Since Everything I Left Unsaid was one of my favorite books for 2015 you can imagine my excitement when I got an ARC for this novella. I devoured it, I was hooked from the first page and I didn't want to put it down! Once I finished it I was happy but also sad that it was over. With authors like Molly O' Keefe you can't stick to only one book you keep wanting more and more! Her writing is original, brilliant and poetic! Her characters are unique and captivating. She knows exactly how to create amazing characters with a broken past. Honestly I wish there was more! I'm even more eager now to see what else Molly O' Keefe has ready for us!



EXCERPT

“She slipped her hand into his, curled the back of it against his palm like some warm trusting thing, and his body exploded into physical life. He felt his blood vessels, the blood thudding through them, the twitch of his hamstrings. The ache of his lungs. He felt all of it. All of himself. In the presence of her.
“Mike?”
He lifted his eyes to hers, a starving man, helpless under her brown gaze. No doubt he was revealing all of his desire. No doubt he was practically drooling.
Mike. Right. That’s me.
Before he could say anything she leaned forward and short-circuited his brain with the warmth of her cheek inches from his. “Would you like to go downstairs?” she whispered in his ear. “To my room?”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts