Pavlina's Review:The Darkest Kiss and The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
   
She has tempted many men…but never found her equal.
Until now.
Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death—a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.
But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining….


AMAZON
BARNES&NOBLE

4 STARS

"She kissed and nipped at his face, her hands tangling into his hair. “I thought I’d lost you.” “You gave up everything for me.”


I enjoyed this book a lot!!Anya is one of my favorite heroine after Danika!!She was so funny,strong and so sexy!!Exactly what Lucien needed!!Both of them had serious issues!

Omg poor Lucien!!He is so tortured..I really felt sorry for him when I learnt how he got his scars!I loved the sexual tension between them, it was so entertaining!The romance was also good and I liked when I saw them together!
The characters were so well developed!Lucien was a big surprise to me, I liked him a lot!!


The story was fast paced and kept my interesting until the end and made me want more to read!I loved the relationships between the Lords and their with their heroines!!!

description






The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)  Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her—even defy the gods.
Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear….


AMAZON
BARNES&NOBLE


5 STARS

I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Danika and he doesn't want to hurt her.Everyone he gets sexually involved with gets sucked in to pain and he tries to avoid it with her.

But can he resist her?
Can she resist him?

The chemistry between them were incredible!!!I loved all their moments together!!Their moments were hot and passionate!!


I loved it so much!!There was a lot of action, something that I loved in this series!!I also believe that Genna knows how to create an amazing paranormal world that captivates many people and of course me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts