Review: Fire and Ice by Victoria Paige

Saturday, July 19, 2014

SYNOPSIS

Maia Pierce, a top agent for Artemis Guardian Services (AGS) and a widely known rule breaker, was good at her job. In her last mission, her risk-taking had finally caught up with her and she had now incurred the wrath of a Russian drug lord bent on destroying her. With assassins after her, one man had offered her his protection. But Jack McCord may be an other kind of danger.

Jack McCord had everything: a thriving defense company, sinful good looks and no shortage of beautiful women. But what he coveted the most didn’t want anything to do with him. Maia Pierce, his brother’s bodyguard, was the most exquisite creature he had ever laid eyes on and he wanted her. When Maia got into trouble, he saw an opportunity to offer a no-strings attached arrangement and he is not taking no for an answer.

As they face-off with Russian mercenaries from the North Carolina coast to the depths of the Russian wilderness, they also finally face what may be in their hearts. But the danger that Maia finds herself in, and the secrets she keeps from Jack threaten to derail their happily ever after.





BUY LINK




REVIEW

4 STARS!


"I'm not good at this, Jack," she said softly. "I cant bring myself to belong to anybody." "Sweetheart it's too late," Jack said with a trace of bitterness. He did not like feeling this way, that another person had this much power over him, but he was tired of fighting it. It was only fair that she share this unsettling feeling with him. "You're mine. And I take care of what's mine."

Fire and Ice is the first book in the Guardian's series by Victoria Paige. This is the second book I've read by this author, and it's becoming quite apparent that I'm going to stick with this author. She writes about strong alpha males, who fall in love with equally strong heroines. I've come to realise that the story is way more enjoyable when the heroine stands up to the hero and fights to get her own way. It makes reading about the frustration of the hero that much more enjoyable, don't get me wrong Jack is confident, arrogant, controlling and possessive, just the way I like them. But Maia makes him work for it and she's not about to give up her job just because he says so.


"Look you're not the boss of me. If I want to leave, I will. You get me? Maia retorted forcefully. Derek really didn't want to be around for this conversation.

Irresistible force meet immovable object. 
"You can try to leave." Jack's voice was dangerously soft.
"You think you can restrain me? Tranq me again?
"If I have to."



Maia Pierce, is a guardian, she's tough as nails will go the extra mile to get a mission completed successfully. She takes dangerous chances, almost as if she doesn't care whether she lives or dies. She's trained in hand to hand combat, she's an excellent shot. She's basically a kickass heroine!


Jack McCord, is the successful owner of a defense company, he's an ex-Navy SEAL, he's playboy, he doesn't do relationships just arrangements with woman who understand his demands. When they start getting too clingy, he gets rid of them and moves on to the next one. Until he meets Maia, from the moment he sees her he knows he has to have her. He just needs to get her out of his system and then he'll move on, but it becomes quite obvious that a few nights with her aren't going to cut it. Jack doesn't like this feeling but he dislikes being without her even more.

"What I'm feeling right now,'love' is too tame a word. It's almost an obsession. I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than outright possession. And it's unsettling."


The is story is action packed, the dialogue witty the characters are intense and lovable. The sex is hot, although I will add that this story centers more around plot but I loved that part! All in all, an enjoyable read, highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts