Hero by Leighton Del Mia

Friday, February 28, 2014
Hero

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 Original Stars!


Okay so let me just stress how difficult it was for me to wrap my mind around this book. I'm not sure how much to say as I don't want to spoil for anyone, but I will say this. Hero is New Rhone's saviour with the rising crime in the city, and the looming threat that is the cartel, Hero seems to be the towns only salvation. Law enforcement sees him as an annoyance, a vigilante hell bent on showing them up. The public idolises him, he does what Law enforcement has failed to do time and time again. He seeks out villains and vagrants and doles out his own personal brand of punishment.



My bare hands have served me well so far. They are my weapons. My skin my shield, my strength, my lifeline, and Cataline, my motivation



Cataline is a nobody, she's quiet, always in the background. She doesn't date, she's saving herself for the right guy, she worships Hero and covets Calvin her boss. Both these men elude her, but she still daydreams. Until one day she's taken and when she discovers her captor's identity all her dreams and hopes are bashed.



"If you're thinking of flying, Sparrow, know that I will catch you. There is no escape. Fly until your wings fall off, or until there is no sky, but I will always find you."



And that's about all you're gonna get from me about this book!



Analysis

Okay you can't tell me you've never imagined Superman or Batman was for real and that he'd sweep you away and you'd live happily ever after! You haven't??? Well now you my secret!


I've actually never thought to read a book like this, most books with this type of theme are usually lacking in the romance and erotica part. What I mean to say is, they're normally written for men by men... So, here's why I gave this book 4 stars, someone actually wrote a book like this for women! Thank you! Here's why I hesitated to give it a 4, the lack of detail. I won't say exactly what, but I needed more info, the what, why, where and how. Look the book engaged me, shocked me at times. The sex was hot and sometimes uncomfortable to read.



And now for my favourite question... Was it dark?



Yes, in a taboo kind of way, I really don't think there was any non-con maybe some reluctance but all scenes were ultimately enjoyed by both parties involved lol. I think it was the actual sex scenes that were taboo, one in particular that I won't mention. There was also a healthy does of dirty talk. The word that comes to mind when I think of this book is: Questionble. I know it makes no sense, but there you are.


I read it, I was never bored, I loved the characters, although I wanted to kill Cataline at times. But what more do you need from a book???



ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review



Buy Links:



Keep Me: A Hero Novella:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts