NEW REVIEW: After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Friday, March 04, 2016









From the author of Forever, Interrupted—hailed by Sarah Jio as “moving, gorgeous, and at times heart-wrenching”—comes a breathtaking new novel about modern marriage, the depth of family ties, and the year that one remarkable heroine spends exploring both.
When Lauren and Ryan’s marriage reaches the breaking point, they come up with an unconventional plan. They decide to take a year off in the hopes of finding a way to fall in love again. One year apart, and only one rule: they cannot contact each other. Aside from that, anything goes.

Lauren embarks on a journey of self-discovery, quickly finding that her friends and family have their own ideas about the meaning of marriage. These influences, as well as her own healing process and the challenges of living apart from Ryan, begin to change Lauren’s ideas about monogamy and marriage. She starts to question: When you can have romance without loyalty and commitment without marriage, when love and lust are no longer tied together, what do you value? What are you willing to fight for?

This is a love story about what happens when the love fades. It’s about staying in love, seizing love, forsaking love, and committing to love with everything you’ve got. And above all,After I Do is the story of a couple caught up in an old game—and searching for a new road to happily ever after. 



BUY IT HERE --> http://amzn.to/1Qq3jKE



5 STARS

"Ryan and I are two people who used to be in love.
What a beautiful thing to have been.
What a sad thing to be."

Honestly I'm speechless! Her books are fantastic, this is the third book I've read by Taylor Jenkins Reid and I keep wanting more and more. Now that I have only got one book left of this author's that I haven't read, I'm sad and I'm planning to read it later because I don't know what I'll do then. I devoured every word of this story. Her writing is so addictive and beautiful. I was hooked from the first page and I couldn't stop reading until the end.I really wish I could be inside her mind for just a moment and see what she thinks and what inspires her to write her stories!

description

Marriage isn't easy,when you are with someone for so many years sometimes there are problems. Lauren and Ryan feel unhappy with their marriage. They argue a lot and there are moments that they don't want to see each other.They decide it would be good to separate for a little and see if they can try to fix their marriage .

The plot is amazing and I was intrigued from the beginning and wanted to see how this story would end. I had so many feelings and I was emotional most of the times. I try to think for both Ryan and Lauren and I tried to understand them and see their problems.
What I love more about Taylor Jenkins Reid is that she makes me think when I'm reading her books. She makes me see things from a different point of view.
I don't know if there is anything else to say to make you read it. This story is unique, realistic, heartbreaking and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts