ARC Review: Lead by Kylie Scott

Wednesday, August 06, 2014
Lead (Stage Dive, #3)Lead by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


★★★★★ 5 Stars!



Lead by Kylie Scott was easily one of my most anticipated releases of the summer/year. So far I've enjoyed every single one of the books in this series and Lead was no exception! The author once again delivers a fun, sexy, emotional, rock 'n roll filled read that will make you laugh, swoon and cry all in the span of a few hours.


Jimmy Ferris is the famous front man of Stage Dive who we've all come to know as the one who can't seem to "keep his shit" together. The past few years his addictions to drugs, booze and women have gotten out of hand and after a stint in rehab his bandmates convince him to take on an assistant who will accompany him wherever he goes and who will keep him out of trouble. Reluctantly he agrees, and that's how he meets the lovely but tough as nails Lena...



“Don’t hate me, Lena,” he whispered. “You want to be mad at me when I do dumb things, that’s fine. But don’t ever hate me. I couldn’t take that, not from you.”

Lena Morrisey has had some bad luck the past few years, both when it comes to her jobs but even more so when it comes to relationships. So, when she gets offered to "chaperone" a famous rockstar in exchange for a copious amount of money and a stellar recommendation, it seems her luck has finally turned. Little does she know the spoiled lead singer of Stage Dive who often makes her want to pull out her own hair with all his crazy antics will soon be the one to capture her heart and who makes her want to give love another chance.



Lena and Jimmy were both very likeable MC's. Lena was a sassy, independent, easy-to-relate-to heroine with a soft heart; while Jimmy was at first a bit rude and moody but after a while turned into a pretty nice guy with a sweet and humorous side. Their constant bickering and hilarious banter often had me cracking up while their bedroom antics and Jimmy's excellent oral skills had me fanning myself more than once. Kylie Scott sure knows how to create the best combination of humor and steamy romance, combined with an emotion-filled storyline on top.

"Look, the truth is, I'm all about you, Lena. You're my best friend. You're my girl."

Overall, Lead was once again a perfect addition to this series and I enjoyed reading every minute of it. It was a slow building friends-to-lovers story filled with hilarious moments as well as some endearingly sweet ones and if you're a fan of the first two books in this series, I would highly recommend giving this one a try! Personally, I'm already anxiously looking forward to whatever Kylie Scott has next in store for us is this fun and exhilarating series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts