The Resistance by S.L. Scott

Wednesday, May 07, 2014
The Resistance
★★★★ 3.5 Stars!

"Be my angel. Just for the night."



BUY LINKS:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

When I first started reading The Resistance I had no idea what to expect. The blurb is kind of vague and I think that might be a good thing, to read this story without knowing too much about the synopsis beforehand.
If I'd have to categorize this book I'd say it had a bit of a rock star romance, a bit of erotica and a lot of NA angst and tension. Still, there's no cheating, no love triangle and Jack Dalton may very well be my new favorite book boyfriend!

"When it comes to bad boys, I've always been a sucker when accompanied by a handsome face and sweet gestures. And I have a feeling Jack Dalton is a very bad boy."

Holliday Hughes and Jack Dalton meet each other one night in Vegas and one thing quickly leads to another. After their chance meeting they pretty much feel an instant connection and decide to hook up for the rest of the weekend. But once the weekend is over, will they be able to move on like nothing ever happened or will they both want more than just a few nights together?

Told mostly from Holliday's POV we follow the slowly developing love story between two people who seemingly live in two completely different worlds, but who exist in their own impenetrable bubble when they're together where they compliment each other perfectly. He teaches her to live a bit on the wilde side and live life to the fullest and she brings him peace and symbolizes the light in his otherwise dark existence.

"I've got a dark side that slaughters hopes and dreams on a daily basis." - Dalton




Something that did bother me a bit was that I didn't really *feel* the connection between Dalton and Holliday. I mean sure they had lots and lots of sex, but beyond that? They barely knew each other and during the first 60% of the book that's the way it stayed. After that they started to *really* get to know each other better and I found their feelings for each other become more believable. Still, for me to give 5 stars I want their to be more tangible romance and deeper feelings instead of just passion between the sheets for more than half of the story.

"You've always been in here," he says, patting his chest over his heart. "We just hadn't met yet."

Overall, this was a fairly quick, sexy, fun, drama-filled read with a strong, independent heroine and a swoon worthy, rock star hero. There was a bit of angst but not so much that it makes you want to throw your kindle against the wall, just enough to keep the story from becoming too predictable. This was my first book by this author but I'm looking forward to reading more of her work in the future!

Standalone - no cliffhanger.



"Choose the dare. Dare to dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts