The Dumont Diaries by Alessandra Torre

Sunday, April 13, 2014
The Dumont Diaries (The Dumont Diaries, #1-4) 



3 Stars



***MILD SPOILERS***




I really enjoyed the first 2/4 of this book, also reading this book has proved one definite fact: I really don't enjoy reading books where there is a triangle, or cheating involved.


I found the other 2/4 of this book depressing. For the life of me I can't understand why you would throw yourself at someone who so obviously doesn't love you, and then even though you love this person you cheat on him. I mean seriously, this woman signs a contract that says she will not cheat, and then she cheats. This infuriates me! I will say this though,the sex was freaking hot!




Change of subject

I know we're all sick and tired of reading about blushing virgins, who fall in love and get married, basically tying themselves to one man for the rest of their lives. Reading about a heroine who expresses sexual freedom and doesn't feel guilty about it is pretty refreshing. Stringing one man along while you're in love with another is just damn conceited and guess what? It infuriates me!


I suddenly understand why a woman would stay with a cheating man. It seems better to be happy with someone you love and overlook the fact that there is someone else. Better than your thoughts and heart aching for them while you live a life alone."



Are you kidding me? Have some damn dignity woman! Have you no self worth? This is gonna sound cliche but: You are better than that!


Finally I'm sorry I'm not satisfied with that ending. Everything was way too rushed. The ending basically ended on a secret, and one thing about secrets is that the longer you keep them the more they hurt when they're exposed.



I may have missed some sort of meaning hidden in this story and if I did I apologise. But right now I can't get past some of the anger I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts