Unravel by Calia Read

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Unravel

★★★★ 4 stars!

"Just remember that even the purest of souls have darkness in them."


Okay, I'm not going to say much about the synopsis of the book. I think the blurb says it all and saying much more might spoil the story for those who haven't read this book yet. So, here it goes:



Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine. 

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward. 

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind. 
Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help. 

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past. 

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. 

Do you believe me?


The blurb immediately caught my attention and made me very curious to find out what the story was all about. Unravel was an intense, emotional, passionate, heartbreaking, powerful journey told from the point of view of a girl who's desperate to tell her story and find out what really happened to her. It took me a long time to figure out what was real and what wasn't but in the end everything came together and it all made perfect sense.

The writing style was very fluent and easy to read and it kept me hooked from the very first page until the very last one. The setting of this story, being that a lot of the scenes took place in a mental hospital, reminded me a bit of the one in Insanity by Lauren Hammond but I thought that Unravel was less dark, less confusing and with a much clearer ending. Not only is this a story about self-discovery and about a girl haunted by her past, but it is also a love story and the combination of both turned out to be a perfect, thrilling mix that made me desperate to find out the truth and hope for a happy ending for Naomi Carradine, this tortured girl whose only wish is for someone to believe her...

Highly recommend read!

"I'm not crazy," I repeat. "I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy..."


"Tell me what you're fighting and I'll fight it with you."



BUY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts