Review + Excerpt Trailer Park Heart by Rachel Higginson

Tuesday, October 23, 2018


Trailer park born and raised. It’s my legacy. That’s how my mama lived. And that’s how her mama lived.







It’s the life I was born into and it’s the life I swore I would leave the second I was old enough to make it out.


Only legacies have a funny way of sneaking up on you. An innocent decision the night of high school graduation led to a series of complications in my plans to escape.

Seven years later, I’ve resigned myself to this small town and the roots I’m tied to. Nothing could make me leave. And nothing could make me spill the secrets that keep me here.

Until he walks back into town with a chip on his shoulder and a stupid hunch nobody else in town has been smart enough to follow.

Levi Cole is my opposite. Born on the right side of the tracks with family money to spare, he’s the kind of black sheep that can afford to be rebellious—because his family will always pay for his mistakes. He’s also the only living heir to Cole Family Farms, after his brother Logan was killed in duty seven years ago.

He sees something in my life that he thinks he has a right to. But he’s wrong. And obnoxious. And he needs to take his stubborn good looks and that intense way he looks at me and go back to wherever it was he came from.

I know better than to trust men like him. I was born and raised in a trailer park, I know nothing good happens to girls like me—girls with trailer park lives and trailer park hearts. Especially from gorgeous, kind, pigheaded men like him.





















A


Barnes and Noble  :

ibooks  :



4 stars

Rachel Higginson delivers a heartwarming,intense and full of tension story.I was intrigued from the first pages, I loved the story line and the writing.

description

I loved the build up between the characters and they have a great banter.There was tension,intensity and sweetness between them.I loved that Levi was challenging all the time Ruby.Ruby is a great heroine that sometimes frustrate me.

If you like angst and tension in your stories then this is perfect!


Teaser :
It was only the middle of September, but I knew I had to start putting away a little bit every paycheck, so I would have something extra if Jamie suddenly asked me to purchase all the treat bag paraphernalia or juice boxes for the entire school.
“You look tired, baby,” Mom commented. “Hard day at work?”
“Just a hard day.” I sighed and slid onto the stool beside her.
“Don’t you hate how many of those there are?” she asked, her eyes glittering with mischief.
“This grown-up thing is for the birds.” “Amen.”
Max returned with the cuss jar. “Two dollars, Grammy.”
“Two dollars?” she gasped.
He grinned at her. “The F word is five! You’re getting a bargain.”
We laughed at my crazy, smart, ridiculous kid. He’d been the one to decide the varying
degrees of fines. On one hand, I knew I should be a better mom and protect him from all these words to begin with. On the other, I knew it was more important to raise him the right way than to always put him in the right situations. I couldn’t possibly control every single thing he’s exposed to during our lifetimes. But I could help him become the best man possible. I could teach him through the hard and awkward and awful situations and help him become kind and honest, loyal and giving.
Or, at least that’s what I hoped to do.
“I guess I am.” My mom laughed.
“What about homework, little man?” I asked him after he’d collected my mom’s money.
He made a frustrated sound. “Maybe, I don’t know.”
Pulling out his folder, I dove into the after-school mom responsibilities I knew so well. It was
weird that Jamie had invited us over for a playdate. But it was even weirder that Levi Cole was coming back.
What did he want here?
How long was he going to stay?
Not that it mattered to me. I planned to ignore him, remember?
Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts