Review + Excerpt Racked and Stacked by Lorelei James

Monday, August 06, 2018


Opposites don't just attract in the West--they sizzle--and Wyoming has never been hotter than in the latest sexy Blacktop Cowboys® novel.




Growing up with three older brothers, Larissa "Riss" Thorpe defines the term tomboy--a moniker that never mattered to her until she crossed paths with sexy cowboy player Ike Palmer. Seeing him in action on the road, Riss can tell that Ike prefers his women soft-spoken and feminine. And since Riss is obviously not his type, it's unlikely that they'll mix business and pleasure when they're in close quarters together.

Former cattle broker Ike Palmer was ready for a new chapter in his life as a stock contractor when he started working with Riss, a sassy truck driver who gets under his skin at every turn. But Riss is unlike any woman he's ever met and her candor inflames him in the most unexpected ways.

After circumstances force a truce between them, Riss and Ike will have to choose to maintain the stubbornness that keeps them apart or take a chance on the fiery attraction that could lead to something more...



4 stars

I need a hot cowboy for myself omg I loved this story a lot!It has a lot of the things I love to my stories.First of all it started as enemies to lovers which is amazing!I love this trope in my stories.

Secondly, it was super hot, I was swooning and melting a lot!Also I loved that  Ike was pushing Riss' buttons. It was entertained watching them full of tension.



I need to read the rest in the series!If you are looking for a great story with a great amount of hot moments, and a story that will touch you this is perfect 








Excerpt 

An hour later, after the bride and groom were off on their honeymoon, Riss and Ike were watching the DJ pack his equipment and the guests retrieve their coats.
Riss heaved a sigh. “I’m whupped. Bein’ the maid of honor was stressful.”
“It’s certainly been an entertaining night,” Ike said.
“Coulda been better.”
“How so?”
“It doesn’t really feel like a Wyoming wedding unless at least one fistfight breaks out.”
“Just say the word, sweet cheeks, and I’ll track Ryland down and punch him in the face for you.”
“Aw, lookit you, Palmer. Showing your chivalrous side.” She cocked her head. “Or are you just itchin’ for a fight because it’s a Saturday night and you’re a cowboy?”
“I’m thinkin’ a concussion might erase the mental image of what profile pics the Mud Lilies intend to post on Tinder.”
“And Bumble.”
“You certainly went the extra mile for them.” He paused. “Why?”
“Even though they were distracting us, they wanted advice or they wouldn’t have asked. Besides . . . I feel for them. Imagine outliving your husband after being married for so long. Sounds like they were used to getting it regular, and then wham! They ain’t getting any at all and they miss it. Maybe it’s unusual that they’re not looking for companionship—they’ve already got that with each other. It takes guts to try something new to reignite their sexuality. A need for intimacy is a human thing, not an age thing. I hope I still crave that lovin’, touchin’, squeezin’ when I’m past what society considers my prime.”
Ike was quiet for a beat before he said, “You never fail to surprise me.”
Riss didn’t break the moment by asking if that was a good or a bad thing. Instead, she said, “And with that . . . I best be getting home. I have a drop-off tomorrow.”
“You okay to drive?”
“Yep.” She pushed her chair back. “Been an hour since that glass of bubbly.” She paused and debated on bringing up the subject they’d mutually avoided.
Those eerily beautiful blue eyes locked on to hers. “What?”
“Truth time: I’m all for extending this truce.”
Ike’s back straightened and his face turned stony. “Meaning?”
“Meaning, we need to seriously talk about my future runs with Jackson Stock Contracting. Last year didn’t shape up how I expected it—and we didn’t discuss it. So I’m not sure if I somehow didn’t measure up to JSC standards. Now we’ve proved that we can be civil to each other, so I’d like to know JSC’s plans for this year.”
He granted her that insincere salesman’s smile. “I promise I’ll e-mail you a preliminary schedule next week.”
Sure you will.
“And just so you know . . .” He seemed unsure whether to continue before he did. “I’ve had a blast doin’ all this wedding party stuff with you.”
“Really? I thought it sucked.”
His eyebrows shot up. “You did?”
“Nah. Just razzing ya. It’s been fun in a way I never thought it’d be.”
Ike unfolded that long lean body out of the chair, then stood close enough to cast her in shadow.
“What now?”
“Gimme a damn hug.”
Her heart pounded and that made no sense. “Why?”
“Because I suffered through your blow job philosophy, deflected rumors of our secret sexcapades, helped offer senior citizens hookup advice and interrupted our buddies consummating their marriage . . . all in the past four hours. I’m feelin’ vulnerable and I need a damn hug.”
“Whatever will people think?”
“Probably that we’re both hammered.”
Riss laughed. “Come here, baby, and let me make it all better.”
Ike wrapped her in his arms.
Oh yeah, the man gave great hugs. And he smelled amazing too. So maybe she held on a little longer than was polite.
But Ike wasn’t inclined to let her go either.
Then his breath teased the top of her ear. “Bet this’ll get tongues wagging all over town.”
“Kneeing you in the groin would stop the gossipmongers.”
“Always with the violence.” He kissed her right cheek, then her left. “You’ll hear from me soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts