Happy Valentine's Day book recommendations!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Here are some of my favorite books I would recommend to read them  for Valentine's Day! Romantic,passionate and intense stories!







When Annie Daschle arrives in New York City, the only thing she can control is her list. 

Not her father’s death or the loss of her home. Not the hole in her heart or the defective valve that’s dictated so much of her life. But she can put pen to paper to make a list of all the ways she can live out loud, just like her dad would have wanted.

See the city from the top of the Empire State Building: Check.
Eat hot dogs on the steps of The Met: Check.
Get a job at Wasted Words: Check.

What wasn’t on her list: Greg Brandon. And just when she thinks she’s figured out where to put him, everything changes. In the span of a few staggering heartbeats, she finds herself caught in the middle of something she can’t find her way out of, with no clear answers and no rules.

List or no list, she realizes she can’t control anything at all, not even her heart. 

Not the decisions it makes, and not the moment it stops.

*A heartfelt contemporary retelling of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility.



❤️5 BEAUTIFUL STARS ❤️

Such a beautiful,sweet,romantic and heartwarming story. I thought A Little Too Late was amazing but wait until you read Living Out Loud!I didn't want to finish it, it was unique and I had so many feelings while I was reading it!

description

"That was Greg and me-easy and uninhibited, a joining of two streams to make a river."

I loved Greg and Annie.Annie is such a sweetheart my heart ached for her!Greg is kind,charming,friendly,sweet and lovable.I adored them, I couldn't get enough of these two.The characters felt so realistic making the story more intimidate!

Staci Hart is my new favorite author!!Her stories are unique and beautiful!I highly recommend this one!It was absolutely fantastic, sweet and so romantic!

Logan McKinley. My ex. I knew he was trouble from the first moment I laid eyes on him.





PAIGE


Fresh out of law school with a new job at one of San Diego’s biggest firms, I was supposed to focus on my career. No distractions, no men, and especially no office romances.

Then I met Logan. He was cocky, smooth-talking, and gorgeous—a hotshot associate on the fast track to a partnership and exactly the kind of guy I needed to avoid.

But he was relentless. He pursued me, intrigued me, and seduced me. And when I had no defenses left, my ambitions shifted, and I only wanted him.

For a while, that was enough.

But no one’s perfect. The man who put a ring on my finger isn’t who I thought he was, so I left.

Now he’s back in my life, and he’s pushing me into a corner. It’s time to show him how hard I can push back.



LOGAN

“It’s over.”

When those words came out of her mouth, I wasn’t surprised. What I didn’t expect was how damn near impossible it’s been to move on.

The first time I saw Paige Waters, the new associate at my firm who was as intelligent and self-confident as she was stunning, I wanted her. I wasn’t used to women rejecting me, but she did—or tried to, anyway—which made me even more determined to have her.

I had no idea that when I finally got her, I wouldn’t want to let her go.

But I screwed up. She doesn’t even know how badly I screwed up, and everything still went to hell.

Now, one year after our split and with so much still unresolved between us, we’re suddenly going head to head on the same case. Seeing her at the office again, where it all started, I realize that this is far from over.

She’s still mine.

And whether it’s in the courtroom or the bedroom, I always win.



5 stars 

"Life is like weather.You don't control it.You adapt yourself."


This was fantastic, I loved every minute of it!Mend is an emotional,intense and beautiful story.I devoured it, from the moment I read the synopsis I want it so badly!!I knew it will be amazing!Kivrin Wilson takes the reader on a journey through the issues that Paige and Logan have as a separated couple.Logan wants his wife back!

"She's my wife.She and the kids are my family.I want her back.I want them all back so much that the wanting is like a feverish pain-a real, doene-deep, take-my-breath-away kind of pain."

description

As their story unfolds the book goes back and forth between present day and the past giving the reader a better view of how they met,how they fall in love and when the problems started with these two.The author completely drew me into Paige and Logan's story!Paige is a strong heroine and I could understand her behavior.Logan is amazing.I fall in love with him,I liked that he wasn't perfect and he wanted so badly to try to have his wife back.

"It's how every time I look at you, I'm stunned by how beautiful you are.It's how just the tiniest smile from you can make me feel like I'm floating.It's how you...you lift me higher, by making me want to do better, to be better."


It was an original,unique and captivating story!The writing was beautiful and flawless!!Mend is a must read, I really don't know why I haven't read a book from this author!I'm really impressed! 

 

Kindle https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f93/1/16/1f1fa_1f1f8.pngšŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øhttp://amzn.to/2jrXE06

Blurb:

“In the end, only three things matter. How much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” - Unknown
It was a big lie. The biggest lie she’d ever told. It reverberated through her head as she said it, ringing eerily, and the girl behind her eyes—the girl who knew the truth—screamed, and her scream echoed along with the lie.

“Are you in love with Noah, Mercedes?” Cora asked. “I mean . . . I know you love him. You’ve been friends forever. We all have. But are you in love with him?”

If it had been anyone else—anyone—Mercedes would have stuck out her chest, folded her skinny arms, and let her feelings be known. She would have claimed him. But it was Cora. Brave, beautiful, broken Cora, and Cora loved Noah too.

So Mercedes lied.
And with that lie, she lost him. With that lie, she sealed her fate.
She was the best friend, the bridesmaid, the godmother, the glue. She was there for the good times and the bad, the ups and downs, the biggest moments and the smallest parts. And she was there when it all came crashing down.

This is the tale of the girl who didn’t get the guy.


 5 BRILLIANT STARS 

 
What an incredible story, I'm sad it's over!!I loved this characters with all my heart! I will never get over this book!!Unique,intense,emotional and heartbreaking!This story is beautiful in so many ways, it's a story about true friendship,love and loss!The Smallest Part made me feel so much on every word, each words are meaningful !

description

The romance was perfect, it is slow burn with angst and the chemistry between Mer and Noah is intense!Mer is one of my all time favorite heroines!She is strong,sassy,funny and she loves her friends!Noah sigh my heart was aching for him all the time!He is kind,sweet and adorable!!Everything about this story felt realistic and I felt like I was a part of it! 

It took me two days to write a proper review for this one because it was so good that I didn't know what to say, this is always happening with Amy's books, her stories are beautiful and original!This is a must read!If you are looking for a heartwarming story that will stay forever with you this is the perfect book! 







To the Green-eyed Lovebird:



We met fifteen years ago, almost to the day, when I moved my stuff into the NYU dorm room next to yours at Senior House.



You called us fast friends. I like to think it was more.

We lived on nothing but the excitement of finding ourselves through music (you were obsessed with Jeff Buckley), photography (I couldn’t stop taking pictures of you), hanging out in Washington Square Park, and all the weird things we did to make money. I learned more about myself that year than any other.

Yet, somehow, it all fell apart. We lost touch the summer after graduation when I went to South America to work for National Geographic. When I came back, you were gone. A part of me still wonders if I pushed you too hard after the wedding…

I didn’t see you again until a month ago. It was a Wednesday. You were rocking back on your heels, balancing on that thick yellow line that runs along the subway platform, waiting for the F train. I didn’t know it was you until it was too late, and then you were gone. Again. You said my name; I saw it on your lips. I tried to will the train to stop, just so I could say hello.

After seeing you, all of the youthful feelings and memories came flooding back to me, and now I’ve spent the better part of a month wondering what your life is like. I might be totally out of my mind, but would you like to get a drink with me and catch up on the last decade and a half?






5 BEAUTIFUL STARS


Such a beautiful,sweet,heartbroken,intense and emotional story!!I didn't want to finish it!It felt so realistic and unique and I had so many feelings while I was reading it!This story touched me in so many ways that there are moments that I was crying and other moments where I was smiling and swooning because I was so happy!The story is told both in the present and in the past and this made me feel so inside the story,like I was with Grace and Matt!
description


We see how they became friends in the past when they were still in college.How they slowly developed a passionate and intense relationship!And soon this developed in something more,an epic love.But sometimes people have dreams and love isn't enough to keep people together.Now after 15 years they meet again and love is still there.But nothing can be easy,they have to uncover secrets to finally have their second chance..

description

I loved Matt and Grace so much!They are one of these couples that you wish they have their happy ending!!There is something special in their relationship, there is love,passion and intensity.I fell in love with Matt immediately!I loved him so much especially the moments he was crying because this made him real!You don't read often about men crying in books.Grace is sweet,funny and kind.I can see why Matt fell in love with her!There are moments where she talked about her family and I feel sorry for her!Close to the end around 80% , we have a twist which I didn't see it coming!

description


This book was a surprise for me since I have read a book from this author before and I didn't like it a lot!But with this one she goes on the top of my favorite books and authors!If you are looking for an emotional story this is exactly what you need!!I highly recommend it!!






There are three things you need to know about Marie Harris: 1) She’s fed up with online dating, 2) She’s so fed up, she’s willing to forego the annoyance and consider more creative alternatives, and 3) She knows how to knit.

After the most bizarre and irritating first date in the history of humankind, Marie is looking for an alternative to men. With the help of her friends, she quickly identifies a few possibilities:

Need a cuddle? Use a professional cuddler. Need affirmation? Get yourself a life coach. Need an orgasm? Try orgasm meditation! Why does she need the hassle of a romantic partner when she can meet all her needs with paid services?

But then her irritating date resurfaces. And he’s not at all the person she thought he was. And he suggests a different—and crazier—solution to her dilemma . . .
As everyone knows (or will soon come to realize), traditional relations between humans are a thing of the past. Robots are our future. And if robots are our future, then why do we need other people at all?





5 Marie and Matt stars 

"Marie, you are the sine to my cosine."
<33 br="">


I devoured every word of this story.I was hooked from the first page and I couldn't stop reading until the end.This is happening each time I read a new story from Penny Reid, her characters feel so real!Dating-ish is a smart,funny,emotional,sweet and beautiful story.

You will definitely laugh with me but I find this story in some way emotional,there were parts I cried a little bit. I don't know what happened but I could feel whatever Marie was feeling and this make the story so intimidate to me.

description

I fell in love with Marie and Matt!Their build up is realistic and I loved every minute of these two together.Marie is by far one of my favorite heroines.She is strong,sweet and funny.Matt omg this man, he is vulnerable,smart,funny and super hot!!There are some really steamy moments between these two!

Penny's writing is phenomenal and her characters swoon worthy.If you are looking for a refreshing,original and a heartwarming story then this is perfect for you!!





Theo MacLeod wasn’t supposed to be the one.

Tall, dark and handsome suits me just fine, but the cocky grin, know-it-all attitude, and mammoth ego? No thanks. I only hired him so I wouldn’t have to sit at the singles table again. It was just pretend.

He wasn’t supposed to kiss me. 

My heart wasn’t supposed to pound. 

We weren’t supposed to spend the night together—the hottest night of my life. 

One night turns into a snowed-in weekend away, and even the blizzard of the century can’t cool the fire between us. I can’t get enough—of his smile, of his body, of the way he makes me feel.

We’re nothing alike. He’s a daredevil, and I’m a nervous Nellie. He’s a drifter, and I want to put down roots. He’s an opportunist with a checkered past, and I’m a Girl Scout volunteer.

But none of it matters when I’m in his arms.

I know he’s made mistakes. I know his wounds are deep, and he doesn’t trust easily. I know he doesn’t believe he could ever be enough to make me happy, but he could. 



5 BEAUTIFUL stars 
<33 br="">
If You Were Mine is a beautiful, powerful, sweet, romantic, hot and emotional story. I'm still thinking about the characters and the way Theo and Claire met! 


description

"She was exactly the salve I'd hoped she would be-the moment I crushed my lips to hers, I felt the conflict in my body resolve."

I loved everything about Theo and Claire! They had funny, sweet and super hot moments. The attraction between them was so obvious from the first moment they met and their chemistry was intense!

"I didn't believe in fairy tales anymore, but I'd bet my life she did."

Theo stole my heart, he is charming, sweet, sexy, smart and protective. Claire is sweet and shy and Theo had exactly what she needed! It wasn't easy for them to open up but once they did everything changed! I loved watching their journey, findingeach other was what they really needed!

This story goes immediately to my all time favorite books! I highly recommend it to everyone! Get ready for Theo 
<333 br="">

"I wanted more. I wanted to stay, I wanted to trust, I wanted to love. "




amazon : http://amzn.to/2HfgJtV

She's bad at love, but he's even worse...

Marina is hot, blonde, and wickedly smart, but when it comes to men? She's hopeless. Between her quirks and her lack of filter, there isn't a man in Los Angeles that will stick around after the third date.

Her handsome, charming friend Lazarus has the opposite problem. Everyone wants to be the sexy Brit's girlfriend, but he gets bored and moves on quickly.

There's only one way to figure out why neither of them has cracked this love thing-- they'll date each other. On paper, it's the perfect experiment. But in reality, things between Marina and Laz get complicated quickly.

They might be bad at love, but they are even worse at being friends.


5 AMAZING stars

Bad At Love was such a beautiful story.It was heartwarming , sweet,funny and sexy.I can’t even express how much I loved it.I had a smile on my face all the time. Marina and Laz stole my heart.

description

They are both amazing characters.I couldn't get enough of them and when I finish the story I was sad because I need more.Both are cute,funny,sweet and sexy.I adored them and the concept was so good.This one especially felt so natural.Marina is weird in a great way and so funny.I could easily connect with her.Laz is sexy,flirty and funny.

If you are looking for a light and sweet story but at the same time hot and intense this is exactly what you should read!


4.5-5 Sweet stars

I absolutely loved Marrying Winterborne,it has everything I wanted and even more.I adored the characters and the story was sweet,hot and intense.


description

I fall in love with Rhys and Helen.I loved that they were honest about their feelings and their romance was scorching. They have an amazing chemistry and I loved every moment these two were together.Helen is sweet and shy.Rhys is perfect *sigh* I'm in love with him.I also enjoyed the secondary characters.

Overall it was an amazing story, I can't wait to read the rest books in the series and more books by Lisa Kleypas.The writing was beautiful and the story captivating




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts