Arc Review All The Ugly And Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Thursday, July 14, 2016

A beautiful and provocative love story between two unlikely people and the hard-won relationship that elevates them above the Midwestern meth lab backdrop of their lives.
As the daughter of a drug dealer, Wavy knows not to trust people, not even her own parents.

It's safer to keep her mouth shut and stay out of sight. Struggling to raise her little brother, Donal, eight-year-old Wavy is the only responsible adult around. Obsessed with the constellations, she finds peace in the starry night sky above the fields behind her house, until one night her star gazing causes an accident. After witnessing his motorcycle wreck, she forms an unusual friendship with one of her father's thugs, Kellen, a tattooed ex-con with a heart of gold.
By the time Wavy is a teenager, her relationship with Kellen is the only tender thing in a brutal world of addicts and debauchery. When tragedy rips Wavy's family apart, a well-meaning aunt steps in, and what is beautiful to Wavy looks ugly under the scrutiny of the outside world. A powerful novel you won’t soon forget, Bryn Greenwood's All the Ugly and Wonderful Things challenges all we know and believe about love.


PREORDER AMAZON http://amzn.to/29ZRL5m










  UNIQUE 

This book is tough to review it and also it isn't for everyone. In my opinion to read this book you should be open minded and prepare yourself for the circumstances to understand and get along with everything that is happening throughout the strory. I was simply hooked from the moment I started it and I couldn't put it down because I was a part of the story!The plot is unique and you immediately feel that this one is like nothing you have read before!

description

It's sad, emotional, intense, sweet and beautiful. There were moments I was a little bit uncomfortable and other moments I was crying. Generally with this story you are going to have many emotions. I'm still thinking about Wavy and Kellen. These two are special. Kellen is everything, he is a brother, he is a mother, he is a father and a boyfriend. He cared a lot for Wavy and he took care of her. If he hadn't I'm not sure where Wavy would be! What I loved about this story is that we have different POVS. Apart from Kellen and Wavy's we've got of some other people and this made the story more personal!

I think I''ll need some days to get over it...but I'm going to read it again and again! It's the first time I'm saying this but seriously thank you netgalley for this ARC I'm honored to read it! It's one of these stories that I feel happy that I had the opportunity to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts