NEW REVIEW: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley

Sunday, April 03, 2016













A renowned rake, Cameron Mackenzie doesn't care if Ainsley Douglas has a virtuous excuse for sneaking around his bedchamber. He only cares that she's at his mercy. One kiss at a time, he plans to seduce her. But what starts out as a lusty diversion may break Cam's own rules.



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7DJXS/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004Q7DJXS&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2






  


Cameron's broad fingers tilted her face up. There was a fire in his eyes, and anger, and pain. "Let me be, Ainsley. Don't try to remake me in one night. I told you, I'm a wreck of a man."


This is going to probably be the most negative 4 star review I've ever written but hear me out. I love the Mackenzie brothers and so are far this is the only HR series I have ever loved in it's entirety, but The Many Sins of Lord Cameron was very slow in the beginning and at times I was bored to tears. I guess you could call this a slow burn romance, it was quite different to the first two books and because of this I got very worried. I loved Cameron although my favourite brother will always be Ian Mackenzie. The relationship between the two main characters was a difficult one, they each had their own baggage going in, both of them had deep, dark secrets but I have to say Cameron did have the most pain in his past.

From about 40% the book started picking up, this is where we start learning more about Cameron especially his past and his late wife, Elizabeth. I'm getting off track here but it's so obvious that the author loves horses and dogs, reading about the Mackenzie's and their love for animals was an extreme pleasure for me and I Mcnab found a special place in my heart. 

Cameron smile right back at her. "I am a bad man, very bad, but in a different way. I want to ravish you until we're both senseless with it, and then I want to do it all over again."


There were times when I got angry at Cameron, where I wanted him to finally realise his feelings for Ainsley, and there were times where I got angry with Ainsley because I felt like she didn't have her priorities straight. 
Jennifer Ashley is wonderful at pairing the Mackenzie brothers because the women in their lives are just what they need to heal. Daniel, Cameron's son is starting to show that Mackenzie spirit and I really hope he can get his own book.

So basically I loved this book, what made it a four star instead of 5 was that shaky start, but I still have faith in the Mackenzie and therefore will continue reading about this fantastic family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts