Exclusive Content : The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Closer You Come
Gena Showalter
Updated Blurb

Just released from prison, Jase Hollister has a dark and twisted past.  And now, he has only one goal: stay out of trouble. Strawberry Valley, Oklahoma, sounds like the perfect place for him and his two brothers-by-circumstance to settle down and live a nice, simple life.
But model citizen isn’t exactly this rugged bachelor’s default setting—especially when it comes to a certain hot-blooded Southern beauty…
 Brook Lynn Dillon has always been responsible. Not that it’s done her much good. The down-on-her-luck waitress is broke, single and fun-deprived. Until Jase comes along. He is dangerous, stunningly protective, breathtakingly sexy and as tempting as sin, and the passion sizzling between them is undeniable. But can it melt her resistance? After all, the right kind of trouble might be just what they both need.



Exclusive Content 


Your hero is a convicted felon and as you have said, he was not “wrongly convicted.” Did you worry he would be too tough or not appealing to readers?

GS:  Oh, no.  I’m not sure there is such a thing as too tough in the world of romantic fiction. Between the pages of a book, I love bad boys.  I love the alpha male, and it doesn’t matter the subgenre I’m reading or writing.  I want a man I can fall in love with.  I want a man only the heroine can tame.  I want a man who melts for his girl, and her alone.  I want a man who will hold her with one hand and defend her with the other, no matter what it takes.  I want a man who will die for the one he loves.  I want a man who will stop at nothing to get what he craves—and he craves me…I mean her. 

Jase is a convicted felon, yes.  He did a bad, bad thing.  But he took his punishment like a big boy and he learned from it.  I hope readers grow to admire him, from the boy he used to be to the strong (sexy) man he’s become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts