ARC Review: Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown

Sunday, July 13, 2014
Wife Number SevenSYNOPSIS

Lipstick. Bright, red lipstick. Nothing but lipstick.
Even though it’s against our faith to wear a color that screams of sexual promiscuity and deviant behavior, I’m not allowed to protest.

But, I want to.

So badly.



You see, there’s more to me than the braid that spills down my back.

More to me than the layers of heavy fabric that maintain my modesty.

And so much more than the oppressive wedding band that adorns my finger--the same band that each of my sister wives wear.

So much more.

To protest would be sinful.

I must keep sweet, that is my duty.



So I’ll wear the lipstick. I’ll do as I’m told.

And I’ll do my best to silence the resistance within me, to push him from my mind.

If only my heart would do the same.

EXPECTED PUBLICATION: July 20




5 STARS

"Our duty is to produce children our husband for Heaverly Father.
It is not to fornicate or indulge our desires."



Wow this book was amazing!!I don't think 5 stars are enough for this book!!I'm so impressed!This is not your typical romance so be prepared!!

Do you know about Mormons??It's a religious and cultural group of people who have a unique view of cosmology, and believes.The men have more than one wives.This was so new for me.As a Greek I didn't know how is it a man to have more than one wife.In my country we are have monogamy and we are free to choose with who we want to be.So when I read the tittle and the synopsis,I wanted to read it immidiately!!And when I start it,I was so hooked that I couldn't put it down!!I didn't want to finish it!This was so differend from the books I have read!This is a book about a differend way of life,something that I didn't know!I felt like I was a part of the story,I felt everything!!The aghony,sadness,fear,love,desperation...everything!!!It captivated me so much!!Thta sometimes I wanted to cry,scream and others to smile from hapinness!!!


This is Brinley's story..She is the seventh wife of a polygamy family.She tries to follow the *right* path that has been set out for her by the Prophet.However she always wondered how it would be to be free...and live how she want..

description

One day she will meet Porter who will make her think more and more about a life which she will be free and can live for herself!

description

Brinley was such an amazing character!!I loved how her character was developed!!

I will not say anymore about the story,because I think this book must read from all the women!!!I feel so sad about women that have this type of life!But I can't judge them because this is how they have learn to live!!

I higly recommend it!!!

*ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts