Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Wednesday, June 04, 2014
Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1) 


★★★★ 4 Stars!



BUY LINKS:

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Kobo

Let me first start off by saying that this book was nothing like I thought it would be. When I first read the blurb I thought this was going to be a dark and intense MC story with a lot of angst.
What it turned out to be though was a fun, action-packed, drama-filled romance story with a witty heroine and a protective alpha male hero that I read in just a couple of hours, but there was nothing dark about it.

When Faye finds her boyfriend Eric cheating on her in their own apartment, her carefully controlled life spirals out of control. Wanting to take a "walk on the wild side", she does something she might have never done otherwise. And all of it has to do with her ex's brother Dex.

"I have changed. But for you...I'll always be that same person. Does that make sense? You have no need to be scared or wary around me babe."

Faye has had a crush on Dex for years but she never thought she stood a chance with him. Now, when the opportunity presents itself and Dex makes it clear he's interested in her as well, she starts to hope that maybe there might be a future in store for them after all. Still, Dex has a few secrets of his own and his position as the vice-president of the Wild Dragons MC doesn't exactly make it easy for him to tie himself down.

"When I come to you, I need to know that I can give you everything you deserve."

Faye was a very sassy, independent heroine with a quirky side and I really liked the fact that she didn't let herself be pulled down by all the misfortune she had in her life. Dex was supposed to be this big, scary biker but he's actually really sweet and I loved how he took care of Faye and protected her when she needed him.

The only problem I had with the story was that it felt a bit rushed at times. There was a little too much going on at the same time (view spoiler). It was all a bit too.much.drama. BUT, overall I still really enjoyed reading this book.

Dragon's Lair was a fun, fast-paced, biker romance story with two very likeable main characters and a whole bunch of colorful and hilarious side characters. I loved all the other members of the Wild Dragons MC as well and I'm already looking forward to the next part of this series.

No cliffhanger.



"Dexter Black turned my world upside down, but then he gave me his. And his world is where I want to be, as long as he's right there by my side."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts