ARC Review: Target This by Lily White

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
I’m not sure what I was thinking that day. 

It was a normal Thursday, nothing new or exciting had occurred in the morning. 

I’d risen from bed, taken a shower and brushed my teeth. I’d then jumped on the 8:05 bus that ran a short distance between my house and the county library where I worked. 

The ride took its usual 15 minutes before it left me standing fresh faced in front of a building of gothic construction that was my favorite place in the world. 

After straightening my knee length skirt, I pushed open the door that led into the interior of the library.

It was at that moment that my world would change – impossibly and forever. It was a fateful movement of wood that collided with the shoulder of a man that would alter my very existence. 

It wasn’t fear that I felt at that moment – more like the feeling of being watched. It was the feeling of knowing that danger lurks - the sensation of the hair standing on end at the back of your neck.





Looking back on a moment that happened so many months ago, I now realize that I should have listened to that feeling.


As I would later find out, the man standing in front of me referred to himself as Master Lucas…



…and I was his next target.



CHRISTINE'S REVIEW




When I was little I had this book that was a collection of fairy tales and folklore (I know it's basically the same thing) But I remember reading one called Bluebeard and even then being the weird child that I was, I was always fascinated by the story. Okay, so you're probably wondering where I'm going with this. The two stories are in no way the same, but I did get that same feeling when I read Target This by Lily White, Lucas is my modern day version of Bluebeard! Well at least the version I read :) This is my second book by Lily White and I would definitely say that this my favourite!

Yes I know I do it every time I read a 5 Star book but I'm giving this one 6 Stars! I harp on about beautiful words and amazing characters and an intense alpha male, who I love. Well this is definitely that and more... But Lily White style. When reading reading a Lily White book you'll need a few things.

1. An open mind.
2. Your thinking cap.
3. A plush toy for when you go to bed. One you cuddle and the type that come with batteries.
4. and lastly: That craving for a happy ending, you might want to let that go for the duration of the book.


I don't normally do this but since I loved this book so much, I decided to go to the extreme. I even made pretty pictures and shit, Target This is a character rich story meaning the secondary characters brought something to the story they made it more enjoyable in my opinion which is why I made my own dream cast:


Shut up, my dream cast is the bomb.


Autumn Cleary, is a librarian living in a small town. She's a prude, she likes reading books that leave you with that feel good glow. She thinks erotica is a waste of time, and is embarrassed her library has a section dedicated to the genre. She maybe a prude but she's also confident, witty and she was a very likable heroine! When Dark Erotica author, Lucas Bates moves to her town and starts doing his research at her library she quite literally enraged!


Lucas Bates, is an author who writes about the darker subjects in life. He's fascinated by the workings of the mind of a serial killer, rapist and the like.

It was the calm predators that interested me the most. The kind that were silent in their crimes; that slipped in like a gentle breeze, securing the target and disappearing before anybody knew something was amiss.

When he steps into the town and into Autumn life, he literally turn her life upside down. He's determined to make her his next conquest and will do whatever he needs to do to make that a reality. Autumn's pristine life slowly starts unraveling and she finds a haven with the one man she swore she would never expose herself to.

Her walls come tumbling down and what's left is a carnal creature ready to do whatever Lucas asks.


Anyway, as I was saying the book was awesome. If someone asked me I would called it, "A blend of gothic thriller and dark erotica" I also don't want to forget about two of my favourite secondary characters Sarah and Adam:



I feel like I should be giving everyone tips,don't do this, don't do that. Pay attention to that bit, but by doing that I'd be taking away your enjoyment. So go forth and prepare to get your mind FUCKED!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts