The Proposition by Katie Ashley

Friday, April 11, 2014
The Proposition (The Proposition, #1) 






★★★★ 4 stars!


This book has been on my TBR for over a year and I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a try! It was fun, engaging, steamy, original and at times, hilarious. Once I started it, I could not put it down until I knew how it would end and well, after that ending I immediately had to start The Proposal.
The fact that the male leads where in their thirties and trying to conceive gave them a more mature feel and the content was a nice change from the usual twenty something/college main characters.


Emma -

Emma Harrison is a 30 year old single woman who's biological clock has been ticking for years. She's an easy to like, independent heroine with a great sense of humor and I was really rooting for her to get her happy ending. Ever since her late fiancé died in a car accident four years ago, she's been single and patiently waiting for the right husband/father material to come along but so far, she's had no such luck. Her desire to become a mother is so great, she's even willing to ask her gay best friend to donate his sperm. But then comes the perfect solution in the form of Aidan Fitzgerald.

Aidan -

Aidan Fitzgerald is a 32 year old handsome bachelor who's had a thing for Emma ever since seeing her at the company's Christmas party a few months ago. His player-reputation prevented him from ever having a chance at seducing her, but now that he knows she's looking for someone to father her baby and nothing more, he comes up with a proposition: He will father Emma's child, but she must conceive it with him naturally.

After a while their baby-making sessions become more than just physical and they both start to reevaluate the nature of their arrangement. At first, I wasn't sure I liked Aidan, but throughout the story, he really grew on me. He won me over with his sweet and considerate behavior and after a while it seemed as if he might be willing to change his playboy ways for Emma and his future child.

So, as the story went on, it remained fairly drama-less and with very little angst, but then the last 10% of the story, my feelings went from:

Slightly agitated and highly suspicious...
To upset and slightly shocked...
To even more upset and angry.

But despite his asshole behavior, I have a feeling Aidan will make me like him again in no time. Although, he'll have some serieus groveling to do first...


Moving on to the next book right away!


BUY LINKS:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts