Literati Author Services, Inc.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
~ Book Synopsis ~
Tell me your story June....June thought she had it all. She soon found out how wrong she was. Her dreams of finding the good life were washed away when she was dumped on the sandy beaches of Mexico. Now back in Boise as an overeducated server, she doesn't even know where to begin on fixing her life. But one thing June does know is the new guy at work is one to stay away from. Reece Day catches June’s attention, even if she doesn’t want it. Reece has the uncanny ability to always get in the last word, to get under June’s skin, making her question what she really wants in life. June quickly realizes that for the first time in her life, she finally has the chance to find herself.
Finding-June-Caitlin-Kerry- ebook/dp/B00IRIHL6S/ref=sr_1_ 2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393891514&sr=8- 2&keywords=finding+june+ caitlin+kerry
com/Finding-June-Caitlin- Kerry/dp/149542412X/ref=sr_1_ 3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393892078&sr=8- 3&keywords=finding+june
I was almost pleading at this point for him to leave me alone. “Reece, yesterday was a long day and I am not really in the mood for company and … wait, how did you know where I lived?”
Reece sheepishly stared beyond me, not looking at my face anymore. “Oh well …”
“Jolene,” we said at the same time. I thought she was starting to let go of the whole June and Reece union, but I guess she was just being more silent about it.
Reece slipped his hands in the back pockets of his jeans and rocked on his heels, reverting back to his chipper side. “I was going to call, but I figured it was a beautiful Sunday morning and I could take a lovely stroll to see you.”
I raised my eyebrow. I wasn’t buying it.
He splayed his hands out and said, “Okay, I owe you an apology. I was an ass last night. I had no right to say what I did.”
An apology wasn’t what I was expecting. I was going to say something, but Reece beat me to it. “To sweeten the apology pot, let me make it up to you. Let me take you out,” Reece said with a wide grin. His eyes lit up and I swear I didn’t breathe for two seconds. I couldn’t explain his affect on me. My reaction to Reece was something I had never experience before. Even Owen didn’t stir these feelings in me when we were dating. The small voice in the back of my head repeated to stay away. I was in dangerous waters and I wasn’t sure what to do. Reece could sense my hesitation and said, “Just as friends, a friendly outing in the afternoon. I won’t even make you go out during the night.”
I had the decision to either look like a bitch or to accept. While my mind said no, my heart was telling me a different story. Even though I was still pissed to hell, I knew he was trying to make an effort to be nice and apologize. It was only right I put the bitch away for a bit and accept his offer for a friend date.
“Yes,” I finally said.
“Yes?” He was acting like he couldn’t believe that I had agreed.
“Are you surprised?”
“Are you going to slam the door in my face if I say yes?”
I gave him a dirty look.
“Too soon?” he asked. I shook my head at him and at myself. This time I did close the door in his face.
What did I get myself into?
5 Random facts about the author.
- I’m a huge music nerd. I listen to music all the time. Walking around campus, doing homework, cleaning, doing the laundry, grocery shopping. And it’s been like that my whole life. I used to make mix tapes from the radio and listen on my Walkman when I was eight. I’m always up for discovering new tunes!
- I love school. I am about to finish my master degree this May (2014) and I think I might miss it. I never got sick of school and I love to learn!
- The easiest way to describe what I do or the things I love is to say that I love the stories we tell. It can be from lyrics in a song, books I read, or the stories from history. I’m a people watcher and I am always fascinated by the stories we as a society tell and how we tell them.
- I love being outdoors! I love to hike, swim, kayak (though I’m not very good at it) and love discovering new places! My husband and I call it our Quest to Find Narnia- that perfect place in nature. Our quest continues as we discover the world!
- I’m not a big movie watcher. There is a long, long list of movies (mostly from the 80s) that I have never seen. I swear when I tell people that I think there eyes are going to fall out. (think movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Top Gun..)
5 facts I share with June
- We both love tea.
- We both have worked as a server for many years (about 9 for me.)
- We both love being outside
- We love ice cream and fun flavors such as cotton candy! (crap, now I want ice cream)
- We both are just trying to figure it all out. Some days I figure it out more than others.
~ About the Author ~
Caitlin Kerry is obsessed with the stories we tell. Her love of reading and writing led her to accomplish a goal she set for herself at the age of seventeen. She has a degree in History and Political Science and is only a semester away from a Masters in Public Administration. Caitlin is an avid tea drinker, hopeful adventurer, lover of music and often finds the best medicine is the quiet of nature.When Caitlin isn't writing or reading she usually can be found enjoying the great outdoors with her geologist husband, always looking for the next adventure. She currently resides in Southeastern Idaho.
a Rafflecopter giveaway