Bleeds My Desire by Nenia Campbell

Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Bleeds My Desire (Blood Bonds, #1) 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



You think that human screams have never echoed within these walls before? No help is coming, Silent one. N o help will ever come."

19 year old Evie, is living in a world terrorised by vampires, living is a daily struggle. All she's ever known is hunger and the oppression meted out by the vampires. When she and a group of other youth's from her village are given a chance to fight back, she isn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

But when push comes to shove, and she and her friends finally have the confrontation they've been looking for. They realise just how out of depth they are. No one told them how strong and cunning the vampires would be, how seductive they are.

Evie kept under lock and key by Lord Adram, a powerful and sadistic vampire. He amuses himself by making her life a misery, until he reveals that he does in fact have a purpose for keeping her (besides making her miserable that is) He has a much sinister and dangerous future planned for her...

What is this place?" I ask him hoarsely. He doesn't answer, but in a way, I already have one. This is the place where hope comes to die.


Analysis
I really enjoyed Bleeds My Desire, Nenia is great at building a dark and creepy environment. I don't think I've ever mentioned this before but I really enjoy reading about a heroine having to survive oppression, or deal with matters of class even if it is a PNR/fantasy lol! Evie was obstinate to a fault, luckily for her this amused Adram, but I think had it been any other vampire she would have found herself lying in a pool of her own blood.

Don't get me wrong this was quite refreshing, since I prefer the heroines in the books I read to be docile lol! Another thing that was a bit of a shocker for me was that this is a bit of a triangle, now if you didn't no this I hate triangle! But I have to say this was sneakily done, I found myself loving both male characters, I mean yes I read the blurb but I wasn't expecting my reaction. Now I'll be honest and say that I am rooting for a particular sadistic vampire, but I'd also like to see his nemesis lose control for once. He seemed so in control of his actions, and so untouchable that I can't wait to see when something breaks through his calm demeanor.



Buy Links:

3 comments:

  1. After reading this review, I discovered that I have no less than five (FIVE) Nenia Campbell books on my Kindle. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm glad b/c I've been seeing her all over the place on Goodreads, and this (review) convinced me to give her a shot. And I can (x5) w/o clicking ANYTHING.<-----good times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you!!! I'm so glad my review has convinced you!!! I love Nenia's books! You need to try her Horrorscape series!!! I loved it!!!m The first book is called Fearscape :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the one's that I have! I'll put it on my next-up list ;)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts