Insanity by Lauren Hammond review

Thursday, October 03, 2013
Insanity (Asylum, #1)

 5STARS 


That's how I feel inside, cracked-no-shattered. It's like watching a mirror being blown up in front of you. There are so many pieces, but you have no idea how to put them together again. You have know idea where the pieces go.


For the longest time I felt like I was wandering aimlessly through my life. The only thing i could look forward to were my morning walks and dreams of getting out on my own someday . Then Damien came along.

Meet Addy, she lives with her father, her mother left when she was just a child. When her mother left her father was never the same again, everyday she walks on eggshells trying not to rouse his anger. But no matter what she does she always feels the wrong end of her father's fist. Her life is miserable and dark one, all she has are dreams of one day being able to leave. Until she meets Damien, then everything changes.

"Addy, living one day without you would never be for the best. I want you every minute of every day. Forever. I love you."

Damien and Addy's love is sweet and endearing, nothing could tear them apart. But life doesn't always take the direction we would like it to. Addy ends up in The Oakhill Institution for the insane, she's torn from her love just when she thought her life was finally getting better. She is unable to handle the loss and finds the deep dark place in her mind where nothing can break through.


He lowers his head, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I just want you to know that you are my sun, my moon, and my stars. My heaven, my hell, and my earth. I'd do anything for you. I'd go anywhere for you. If you ever left me, I'd follow you."

Damien follows her to the institution in the guise of an orderly, his love for her is so deep that he is willing to go to any lengths to free her. While waiting for the perfect moment to escape, Addy's reality begins to crumble right before her eyes, taking everything she has ever cherished.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts