Bound by Vengeance by Adriana Noir review

Thursday, October 03, 2013
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)



4.5 Stars!!!

**DISCLAIMER** This is NOT your average romance. It's a dark, gritty, sometimes erotic psychological thriller with a heavy emphasis on plot. It also contains elements of dominance and discipline with dubious consent, psychological conditioning, and mental manipulation. There’s also gunfire and violence. If any of this offends you, this may not be the book for you. Intended for mature audiences only.

Wow! This book was just it for me!!! I need the next one like right now!!! So the warning is there for a reason, I'm just going to highlight two things that are in this book, VIOLENCE and DUBIOUS CONSENT and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

So when I started book two I didn't know what to expect. My biggest questions were


1. Will Sebastian change?
2. Can he be a better person towards Taylor
3. Will I like him that way???
4. I can't say this one because it's a spoiler!


It started of really sweetly, Sebastian was being such a gentleman and Taylor was in heaven. And I was hypnotized by this new man, I was sure things were gonna change and this was great because everything seemed like it was falling into place. It made sense.

But then Taylor's uncle show's up and like the flip of a switch blade Sebastian is back. God I felt so bad for Taylor but what could she do??? She's trapped in a relationship with a man she loves.

Sebastian believes that everything he does is in Taylor's best interest. Nothing can change he's mind, at times he is remorseful but he will never admit this to Taylor.

You have to trust me. I will always protect you. I will always do what needs to be done.

Taylor and Sebastian are in danger, he's work has followed him into his personal life. He takes no chances and has Taylor under guard, at this point she's prisoner in a place she calls home, her every move monitored. Okay so I completely understood why Sebastian had her under such tight guard, he'd lost so much and losing Taylor would kill him.

Things are getting pretty heated at work and Sebastian's boss Marx is posing a threat to Sebastian's personal life. He's on edge, everyone is a threat and it doesn't take much for him to explode. He started getting even more controlling than before, the stuff he put Taylor through was heartbreaking at times, she was constantly walking on egg shells. But unfortunately when Sebastian wants to make a point nothing will stop him.

He shook he's head prowling after her. "I'm not interested in your excuses, Taylor. You need help focusing, and I'm going to give it to you. Now move."


Sebastian made me so angry, doesn't matter what Taylor would do. If he'd decided she'd done something he wasn't happy with, nothing would stop him from "correcting" her.

At one point he came home and found her on the found with a girlfriend and just exploded!!! Fcuk I had to put my ereader down and just take a breath!!! He'd done the sweetest thing the day before and he just ruined it all in one go!!! The expectations he had were just ridiculous, he deemed some things beneath her but expected her to do the most menial things. It drove me nuts!!! Yes he's possessive but most of he's behaviour stems from trying to protect Taylor, and that's what he's doing in his own sick and twisted way. He partly likes it when Taylor shows fear, but he goes crazy if she shies away from him. Even though he gives her every reason to.

"It seems your priorities around here are starting to slip. Don't worry, sweeetheart. I will get them back to where they need to be."

"You're scared." he repeated. He studied her for a long moment before nodding and gesturing to the end of the bed. "Quit dragging things out. Take your clothes off and bend over."



Yes he's behaviour made me want to punch him in the balls, but you see I'm still rooting for this guy. So I basically just wanted to cry. My internal dialogue was "Don't let me down Sebby, please just stop this craziness!!!

Things moved along quite swiftly and before you know it, shit connects with the fan!!! I seriously didn't see a way out for Sebastian and Taylor, and I was just a little bit disappointed in Sebastian. He should have known better, especially after his conversation with Marx. I saw this coming a mile away! The violence at this point shot through the roof, there was this particular scene that was just so graphic, I guess it just got to me because I have this fear of suffocating... (view spoiler) That scene just fcked with my head!

I was so happy that they got out of that situation!!! Taylor sees a different side of Sebastian, he's a different man when he's helpless. I was actually glad in this case, Sebastian needed to be humbled even though he hated it.

"I hate that you saw me in that condition, Taylor. That man, that person is not who I am. I'm not weak."

It brought them closer together, I still have a lot of questions. And I feel like Marx is a huge threat, I just don't trust him. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I can't wait for the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts