UNEXPECTED CHANCE by Joanne Schwehm TEASER

Sunday, August 11, 2013


the S Y N O P S I S
Always wanting to be a writer, but not having much experience with men or romance, Aubrey sets out to find her inspiration with the help of her best friend. Just when she thinks all hope is lost, she meets Alex Logan. He’s beyond handsome, well dressed, and is known to be a player—perfect for the role.

The unexpected happens and Alex becomes more than just and inspiration to Aubrey, but a misunderstanding leaves her heartbroken. Before an opportunity arises to straighten things out, tragedy strikes, and Aubrey’s world is turned upside down.

While Aubrey is trying to cope with her new life, a new chance at love arises. Can she find it in her to trust again? Will Alex be able to win her back? Or will she take this new unexpected chance at love?

Add to Goodreads!


T E A S E R
“Hello there; may I join you?” He said in a deep sexy ‘made for radio’ kind of voice.

Smiling and trying to continue breathing at a normal rate, I motioned my right hand toward the empty chair at my table, “Please.”

He had the sexiest smile I had ever seen and that voice. I pictured him next to me naked, touching me, and kissing me, my eyes fluttered shut and I think a moan may have escaped my throat. 

His voice broke my reverie, “Do you do this often because you don’t seem like the speed dating type? Not to mention, I think you are ten years younger than every other woman here.”

His eyes pierced mine. Could he see through me? Was I still breathing? I wondered what the hell was going on with me. 

I cleared my throat and my fingers started playing with the tablecloth. Since my eyes couldn’t stay away from grazing at his suit clad body, I noticed he wasn’t wearing a name tag. “Actually, this is the first time I have done this and didn’t realize there was a specific ‘type’ that utilized Speed Dating. I notice you aren’t wearing a name tag. Did you arrive too late to get one?”

I was starting to get nervous now. Who was this guy?

He laughed, “No, you are right; I don’t have a name tag….Aubrey.” He looked at mine which was placed over my almost non-existent left breast, thank God for the padded bra I wore.

He extended his hand. “I’m Alex Logan”; it was more like a hold than a shake and I felt his touch all the way through me. I was completely and utterly entranced.

“It’s nice to meet you Alex Logan. I’m Aubrey Ryan, well you know I am Aubrey, you just didn’t know the Ryan part, well now you do because I just told you, I mean...” I trailed off. Oh my God I sounded like an idiot! Christ, get a hold of yourself Aubrey! My brain chastized my mouth.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but if you aren’t here for the event then why are you here?”

“I own the club happened to be checking in with the bar staff to make sure everything was in order for the evening. I knew this event was going on, so I popped my head in and saw you.” He shrugged his shoulders, “I hope you don’t mind. I don’t want to keep you from these eligible men.” He was looking around the room and had a shit-eating grin on his face. He knew there was no one of interest to me here.

Yup, I minded that this gorgeous man took it upon himself to sit with me. “No not at all.” Actually, this is the best conversation I’ve had all night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts