The darkest night

Tuesday, July 16, 2013
4 Stars
“Sometimes what we want isn't what we need.”

Let me tell you a story.
Thousands years ago the box that held the most disastrous demons was given by the gods to Pandora . She was a warrior and everyone felt envy that a female had the responsibility to reck the box . Anyone would kill for this position. Moving Pandora into a trap wasnt a smart move and warriors were bound to be possessed by these demons .


In this book we are introduced Maddox . He played a significant role in Pandora's (view spoiler) and now he is still paying the price by being tortured every night.

Maddox is possessed by Violence , not an easy demon to deal with.
He is a ruthless and a cryptic warrior .The demon has compelled him many times to kill and we can observe that he feels guilty.
His curse


Ashlyn



Ashlyn is tortured many years now . 


Her own torment has no end but she has heard stories about some men who might help her.These mens may be angels , demons , vampires , she has no idea but rumors dont deter her not to find them .

Not knowing what she will face she never thought that one of them would ease her pain . When she is near him she feels quite after all these years . However this doesnt only affect Ashlyn but also Maddox . When he is near her his demon is calmed , she can actually tame the beast.
Maddox is torn and frightened that he will eventually hurt her but that doesnt stop him from being overprotective . 






The book doesnt only focus on their relationship . The lords are chased by Hunters who want desperately to find Pandora's box and place back the demons . There is a lot of action and a twist that left me speechless . I didnt see that coming.

(view spoiler)


All in all , I loved the book a lot . The author has created a new world which is very appealling and interesting . I also loved Reyes's and Danica's side story and I cant wait to read their book.

“You are mine, woman, and I am yours. Until you, my life was desolate. I existed, but I didn't truly live. Now I live, even in my death.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts