Arc review Friction by Sawyer Bennett

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

At the powerhouse law firm of Knight & Payne, winning comes first and ethics a distant second. Leary Michaels uses her female charms to daze opponents, and it’s always worked well—until now. On her most personal case yet, she finds herself going up against a defense attorney just as skilled, shameless, and seductive as she is.

Reeve Holloway has never met a woman as sure of her own sexuality, or as ruthless in wielding it, as Leary is. But he won’t be toyed with. What Leary starts, he’ll finish—in the courtroom, the bedroom, or any-damn-place he wants. The sex is uninhibited, electrifying, and absolutely against the rules. Reeve’s job is to ruin Leary’s case…even if it destroys her in the process and costs him the woman he’s come to love.


PRE-ORDER AMAZON http://amzn.to/1QJuu1I



5 STARS

“Tell me you adore me.”
“You know I do,” I say from a place deep within my heart.
“Tell me you’re going to fuck me silly after you finish working tonight,” he says, now grinning big.
“You know I will,” I say as warmth spreads through me.


When I found out that there will be another book in Legal Affairs series, I knew I would be reading it. I loved Matt and Mac's story and am glad to say that this one was as good. What is it about Sawyer Bennett's writing that I love it so much? As usual, kickass heroine, smart, good, sexy hero, well written story, scorching hot sex, some fun and a bit of emotions.

Leary and Reeve are both lawyers, they both work on the same case, just on opposite sides. She is on the plaintiff side, while he is the defence attorney. Leary initially uses her sex appeal to one up Reeve, their encounters are charged with sexual tension, until they finally give up and become fuck buddies. Yeah, yeah, we all know, it's never enough. From lovers to friends, unnoticeably they find themselves in a relationship.

But let's not forget that professionally they are supposed to be enemies. How far are they willing to go to win the case? Will they put their relationship at risk? Especially if the case is personally important to Leary and Reeve is beginning to understand that simply doing his job can hurt her too much.

Both Leary and Reeve were very likeable characters, it was a pleasure to read their interactions, particularly bedroom ones, which were extremely hot! Other characters were great too, especially Ford, whom I saw as an amazing friend and would gladly read his book.

This can be read as a standalone and is written in dual POV. Highly recommend for those who like sweet, steamy, real life romance "in suit".

1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts