Christine's ARC Review: Her Master's Teacher by Lily White

Friday, October 10, 2014

SYNOPSIS

She caught my attention the first day I was seated in her class.

Her dark red hair fell in waves down her back and her alabaster skin appeared to sparkle under the lights of the lecture hall

I'd admired her from a distance, never speaking or doing anything to draw attention to myself.

Each day that I spent watching her in this room, I noticed how her eyes would flick up to me. She was wary of me - frightened - and she had reason to be.

Allow me to introduce myself…

My name is Holland Strong and at 21 years old, I'm the youngest Master within a society of wealthy and influential men.

Claire Elliot is my psychology professor in college - that is, at least, until I make her my first courtesan.

She believes she knows everything about how the mind works…

…and I believe I can prove her wrong.


PURCHASE LINKS



5 STARS!!!



Okay so I haven't actually finished writing my review for this book yet. It's not an easy book to review, not because it was bad but because it was so complex and had so many dimensions to it. Whenever you read a book by Lily White, you can always expect something completely different and she did it again with Her Master's Teacher.

It's Dark Erotica, but it's not as simple as that. It's so much more than just dark, the dark genre has grown so much and as a reader I've started taking how dark a book can be for granted. The more gruesome the more shocking has always been what gets me going. But after reading a great deal of books from this genre, it started becoming mundane. The story would become lost behind a bunch of shock factor tactics and by the end of it you don't have a story you have a bunch of shocking scenes.

Now don't get me wrong, this is not for the faint of heart, trust me. Her Master's Teacher is a dark book but Lily took Dark fiction, erotica, angst, drama , romance and mystery and gave us what every reader is looking for when they choose a book to read. Entertainment. It's all here people.


Are you looking for a Dark read? Well then, here you go!
But you'd better prepare yourself for way more than that!


*************************************************

Let me say that this book this book is vastly different from Her Master's Courtesan, apart from the fact that it brings two new characters, Holland and Claire, there's so much more. The scenario itself is a taboo and dark lovers wet dream. We have a younger lead male character and an older lead female character, this made for a very interesting read.

Holland, is a man's man, he's arrogant, a charmer, intelligent and he has the looks to go with it. But right under that outer shell is a man who is much more sinister, more seductive, he isn't afraid to use the same things that has every woman swooning to trap and ensnare the one woman who has caught his particular interest, Claire, who also happens to be his psychology professor.

Physically, Holland Strong was built for seduction. Mentally, however, he was without morality or humanity. He was a monster disguised by pretty wrapping. A man who would take what he wanted and cause you to love him while doing so.

I honestly wish I could give you a cheat sheet for this book lol! But that would take away from your enjoyment, so all I can say is pay very close attention to everything that happens in this book!

Does that help?
No?
I didn't think it would! *grins*

Now apart from the fact that Claire is a college professor, she's also a psychologist... It's a completely different dynamic, like I said! I'd tell you to forget about Her Master's Courtesan when you started reading this book, but no don't do that but don't expect a repeat performance. Claire and Hollands's relationship was so different to what you'd expect of a captive and her captor... I can't explain it.

In the comfort I felt being held by him. I realized right then that I hadn't been careful. I'd allowed myself to forget his part in this. I'd let down my guard and found peace in a man who'd hurt me.


How do you review a book like this without spoiling?


You know what that's all you're gonna get from me, because quite honestly I have no idea what to say aside from.
1. If you read Her Master's Courtesan, then you have to read this book.
2. If you haven't read this series then get to it!
3. If you're a lover of great writing and an amazing plot that keeps you guessing right till the end then read this series!

But.

4.Do proceed with caution. If you've heard people talk about how dark Lily White's work is, believe the hype. The awesomeness is pretty potent with this one!

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts